The human brain is made up of two halves. These halves are commonly called the right brain and left brain , but should more correctly be termed ‘hemispheres’. For some reason, our right and left hemispheres control the ‘opposite’ side of our bodies, so the right hemisphere controls our left side and processes what we see in our left eye while the left hemisphere controls the right side and processes what our right eye sees.
The shapes of these two parts are similar, but differences have been gradually found in their functions. The left brain is also referred to as the digital brain. It controls reading and writing, calculation, and logical thinking. The right brain is referred to as the analog brain. It controls three-dimensional sense, creativity, and artistic senses. These two work together, to allow us to function as humans.
The UCMAS Mental Math program is a brain development program that stimulates the brain y teaching children to perform mental calculation quickly and accurately without the use of any electronic tools. So, our students, typically aged 4 to 13 , are guided to develop and use their mental faculties more fully.
This program stimulates both the right and the left sides of the brain. While the left side is used for logical calculation, the right side is working to visualize the calculation. Therefore, the brain is trained to become more flexible and effective.
The UCMAS Mental Math education program builds the ability to solve mathematical problems in record time by visualizing the Abacus. The training will also lead to the development of the right brain as learners would be using their right brain to create an image memory while performing the calculation mentally. The UCMAS program will help enhance memory , concentration , alertness, and grasping power besides developing math skills in your child.(Read More About Whole Brain Development)
WHY ONLY UCMAS?
- UCMAS program offers international Grading & Certification , Which ensures similar standards are maintained in all the countries.
- UCMAS Mental Arithmetic-India, in a short span now has a several hundred centers with several thousands of students all over India.
- UCMAS conducts State/National Level Competition every year , which facilitates the students to complete at respective levels.
- UCMAS gives its Students a well-researched , updated and excellent course material.
- UCMAS course Instructor s are competent , trained and certified.
- Students when needed may be transferred from one center to another any where within country.
- Thousands of R&D professors in China & Japan are working on this project & Towards improvement & better understanding of this ancient art.
- It is also the only Program approved and certified by the two major Mental Arithmetic and Abacus institute of the world , which are Chinese Utility Abacus Research Society (Taiwan) and Taiwan Mental Arithmetic Association.